Thursday, February 11, 2010



SIXTH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME

Mon.Mrk.8:11-13...Haven’t I done enough to show who I am? It isn’t that the signs are not there it is just that they do not want to see them.. why do the strangers believe and my own people do not? The very people who should be the first to recognize who I am are the ones who do not see....sin, blindness, unwillingness to listen, is all around ....my light will penetrate that darkness...they do not realize it but their refusal to believe, that part of human nature which can not say “yes” to me has already been conquered. But people have to accept it. Here I am giving to them but they do not accept the gift, they do now want to see.
I will cross over the sea...someday someone will 51see that in my crossing “over to the other side” I join people. I am a bridge and this crossing over is a sign ....but they still do not see. They want their own signs...but even when I give one to them they do not see....they do not want to see.

Tues. Mrk.8:14-21...I am the “one loaf” but they do not see...feeding four thousand, what a sign, and yet they do not see....these, my disciples...they want to believe in me but so much humanity is left within them...trying to get them to see beyond what they can see is so difficult...the people whom I met in the synagogue are almost perverse...these my beloved disciples those whom I have chosen to be the leaders of the flock are just plain dumb.....sometimes I feel like getting a big bat and just pounding my message into their heads.....someday they will understand. On the night before I die I will give them the “loaf of bread”...they probably did not understand what I was referring to when I said “ beware of the leaven of the Pharisees”, the leaven which could not be used on the

No comments:

Post a Comment